Image Map

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Getting Ready for the Fourth

When you are retired and not raising children, you can get ready ahead of time. I am one of those people that have tried my whole life to get organized and always find an item I have collected after the holiday. When I relocated, I started keeping clear boxes with holiday decorations in them. I would use larger tubs, but they get stored in the attic and have to fit through the attic opening. Also, as you get older you can't lift large tubs like you did when you were younger.

I collect things from our thrift stores on island all year round and even buy some things at retail stores. Regardless if we have a party, I decorate. The neighborhood kids are waiting to see how my "Lawn Jockey" looks each holiday.

So wave out your flags and get out your red, white, and blue.  I am considering painting an old sheet to make a bunting. We'll see.

Much love,
Autumn & Ruth

No comments :