Image Map

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WOW Wednesday



It is all ready Wednesday! Share with us any of your ideas that are working for you in your classroom family or home family. All ideas give us all a larger bank of ideas from which to draw.

When I retired, Autumn had stated she would like tee shirts for her class to wear for field trips. I told her I had made class tee shirts once that were yellow and had the year on them. This limited their use and at the end of the day, some were really stained.

So I decided I would do hers in purple because that was the only color of Rit dye my store had numerous packets. I got the children's tee's in the multi packs in several sizes. I even created iron on labels with name of their teacher. They were a gift of love!



Dislikes- Boys weren't crazy about the color purple.
               The iron on labels do not wear well for multiple uses.
Likes- Color purple does not show dirt or stains.
           Their are few students wearing purple shirts on trips.
            She can spot her students quickly.
I have since made an addition of shirts that are larger sizes and without labels. Many years she has a parent that offers to launder them and return to school. She can keep them at school all ready to go. Her class always looks great on field trips.

Much love,
Autumn and Ruth

                





1 comment :

  1. That is a great tip. We live close enough to Baltimore that purple is a "boy" color unless you are not a Ravens fan. : ) Orange is a good color too. This year, since there are so many of us, our fieldtrips have all been in closed nature facilities. This would be a good idea though for field day shirts. Thank you for sharing.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete