Image Map

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hallway Walk-through Evaluation

I was so proud when I did my own hallway walk- through evaluation when I was visiting in K.C.



Autumn had an attractive Leaf Graph that her students had done with homework assignment. She had Common Core Standards listed, Explanation of Activites, and Depth of Knowledge sited. The students' writing was displayed.  It all reminded me how much more society expects from teachers today. Not sure the general public gets it all, but it is all there for those who are checking. I am so proud that my daughter, chose to follow in my footsteps. I know she will not gain lots of material wealth, but love watching how her empathy and caring continues to grow from all her experiences. She  thought I was laughing at her teaching, but I was laughing because I was so slow, I could not keep up with her Kindergarten on their naming the alpahbet and the sounds each letter makes. I got B,C,D, messed up E, got F,G,H, messed up I..... I felt so confused. During recess Autumn explained they did both the long and short sounds.  OH, now, I get it!" Grandma's slow, but she is old!" I had a great week and was so proud of her wonderful teaching and classroom management.

Thanks MOM!!
You can find all of the papers and letters home in this Autumn Packet along with tons of other stuff!! If anyone needs the hall rubric to go with let me know I can send or adapt & send it!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Common-Core-Autumn-Math

2 comments :

  1. Hi! I just found you through Farley's November Currently link-up. Congrats on your new blog! It looks like you have some fun TpT products that I'm going to have to check out. I am having a giveaway at my blog right now, hope you'll come check it out!

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in Kelly! I will head over to chek it out! Everyone LOVES a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete