Image Map

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

WOW Wednesday ELA edition

 
 
Thanks for stopping by and thanks tons if you linked up last week! First let me say this is all about fun and a great way to share ideas. Even if it seems simple to you please link up and share. It could give me I mean someone a new idea or a new way of doing something!! Any how here goes mine! First let me say I totally got this idea from another teacher on instagram. If it is you please take credit! Because I didn't save the original picture to give you credit. So this is how I have been using your acrostic poem writing idea!
 
 
First we brainstorm as a class for each letter in the poem that we are doing. So we go thru each letter and I will only write down words that they can explain make sense! So no fish for the F.
 

 
Then they get their papers. Now the first time we did this I then took 1 letter at a time and put 3-4 choices on the board before moving to another letter. Then we continue to the next letter. Now I let them just go for it! But this has worked great to get a variety of poems not all exactly the same!
 
I had planned to do an acrostic poem with my Chinese New Year theme & study this week, but were out Monday & Tuesday, Wednesday looks questionable. So I had to show the examples of the football acrostic poem we did last week. But below you will find a freebie with my Chinese New Year Acrostic Poem.....
 Any other tips for poetry that have worked for you?
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Chinese-New-Year-Lantern-Poem-1097542
 
 
Much Love Autumn & Ruth
 


1 comment :

  1. Oh Wow! We have the same linky :) Maybe we should link up with each other!

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete